Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pain of Change

I'M AN AUNT!!!
Miracles happen when you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears. www.LizDederer.com

Nathan Morgan made an appearance at 8:42pm on 3/14/14 weighing in at 7lbs 3oz and 20" long!

He's healthy, sleepy, smells so sweet and is just perfect!!  Mom (my sister) is doing great!


Babies, in an instant, change our worlds.

When I found out I was pregnant in April 2011, my world changed.  It was then that reality smacked me in the face and screamed the question at me, "If not now, when?"

Up until that point, I had had many business adventures, but my 'reason why' was never really that serious.

I thought it was.  I thought that wanting 'a better life' or 'more money' were great goals!

But they were never anchored to me; they had no true feeling or meaning attached to them.
They were someone else's words that I was using as my own.

The moment I found out I was pregnant, and I looked around my office at the other mom's who were frantically trying to balance day care, with sick kids, with soccer, with dinner, with guilt, with excelling at their career, with societal pressures and with corporate pressures, I KNEW, at that moment - there has GOT to be a better way.

The defining moment, my turning point in moving my entrepreneurial dreams into a reality were when I realized the pain of staying where I was, how I was, was far greater than the pain of the unknown, the pain of change.

It is ONLY at that point that transformation from within can happen.

Up until then, it's wanting, it's wishing, it's hoping.
ACTION, Change, transformation occurs when that lever of pain get's pushed from one side to the other.

As much as we ever may see possibilities for others, see potential in others, and want more for them, NOTHING can happen for them until they see for themselves that the pain of staying where they are, how they are, is far greater than the pain or fear of change.

Click here to tweet that!

And no, I'm not saying you need to run out and have a baby for this to happen to you!  I'm just saying, you're not broken, there's nothing wrong with you if you've not yet felt that 'shift' inside of you moving you from 'want' to 'will die without'.  Keep keep'n at it.  Your 'thing' will come when you are ready for it to come.


I always think the best learning comes from other people's experiences.  Share for others in comments below, what is something that happened to you to shift you to change from the point of where & how you are to push you through the fear of change!


If you found this topic helpful, get social about it and share it!!

If you found this any where other than your inbox first - jump over to www.LizDederer.com and subscribe to the weekly-ish FREEMAIL list!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment